Friday 4 July 2008

HahahahahahahahhaHANCOCK!

You know I was standing in the queue for popcorn at the movies when I saw the trailer for Hancock.
I'd bought a ticket to see it after I'd seen a shorter trailer a couple of weeks back. This trailer, then one I was watching while waiting in line for popcorn, this one was much longer.
I laughed out loud when I saw Will Smith flying up and down like he was on steroids. Hahahahahaha.
WILL SMITH FLIES in the movie. Hahahahahahaha.
Its not so much that he flies actually, its more about how he flies. Heroes comes to mind. You remember how the Peter and Nathan Petrelli used to do it? Kinda like a rocket launch. I always thought that was funny because I'd become accustomed to the Superman way of flying which was at a much slower pace.
Superman flying wasn't ridiculous. But the Petrilli way, I just never got used to it.
So even in this movie, I just never got used to Will's flying.

Anyway the movie's awesome. The fact that its absolutely ridiculous makes it such a bloody good movie. Okay, bloody good is pushing it. It was fun. I had fun with it. It is sourt of like those Mr Bean skits. You know, he is so ridiculous, so silly, so obsurd that he's hilarious. Same here.

Hancock is a funny hero movie. Hahaha, imagine an alcoholic hero. Hahahhaha. The Hulk smoking cigarettes? Or Superman as a nympho? They have humanised the concept of a hero in Hancock and its funny.
For something light and well worth it - watch this movie.
's flyling br

3 comments:

Brokensword said...

Okay, that sounds really hilarious! Is it really worth it Heartwarmer? Am I going to be balled over with the special effects. Remember, The Pirellis were really cool and I thought the way they took off into the air was also cool. I think I screamed with awe when they first did it. Will I feel the same with this one or will I cry myself to sleep after seeing it? I still need to watch iron man because the hulk made a promise to bring him back.

Brokensword said...

Hey Heartwarmer

Went for a movie marathon today and Hancock was one of the movies I went to see.

The thing I took away from this movie, (I suppose this is why I see so many movies, to see what ideas and philosophies are out there and how much they gel with me) was the idea that being in love leaves you vulnerable. We are stronger when we are alone and don’t give a shit about anybody else. Love gives one the opportunity to be naked and open to pain and death (figuratively speaking). Not that I subscribe to that philosophy but I kinda identify with it. Opening oneself up to what can potentially bring you down or lift you up is the bravest thing one can do and I suppose Hancock is just chicken shit if you look at it that way. And so are a lot of people in the world. We all want power but real courage comes from taking a leap of faith and hope that you do not get squashed. And if you do get squashed…well, I don’t know.

Heartwarmer said...

Ah yes, I love what you've taken away from the movie.
Sometimes it IS easy to just roll over and let the world run you over or whatever, as opposed to taking charge and making things happen for yourself or whatever. It isnt' just about love is it. It was easy for him to be a loser hero. To be a disappointment. Than...to be looked up to or whatever. If people look up to you, you can't stand that pressure I suppose...well some people atleast...you get what I'm saying I'm sure.
But yah, thanks for b ringing it back and making it real.
I just wrote about the flying. Eish.