Monday 29 September 2008

TV License Ad Campaign

It pisses me off. How much money did they spend on this?

I see advertisements on Magazines, Radio, Newspaper, TV. And these are not cheap ads either, I mean to take out a series of advertisements in the financial mail, is not cheap, production of these advertisements is not cheap.

It just seems to me that we are asked to pay our TV licenses in order for the TV license people to be able to afford the ad campaign for the following year.

The whole thing just seems obscene and unjustifiable. The money they collect should be used for other things, I don't know.

Who the hell do we pay this license to anyway?

Who ever it is, do they buy content for the various TV stations? Do they give a little to SABC and etv?

Would these ads actually convince people, appeal to their moral side to pay their TV license??? Will YOU pay your TV license after seeing these ads?

Would the money not be better spent on other things? And then convince people to pay their license by saying, ‘…this programme’ or, ‘…this message was made possible by YOU paying your TV license’? I could buy into that. I don’t buy into spending money just for the sake of it!

What pisses me off the most is that the campaign is so brilliant. I love the print ads, the alien going off on his space ship, the werewolf, etc. I get so excited when I see one, and then I get crushed when I see the TV License logo at the bottom. Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

No comments: