Saturday 22 November 2008

Top Gear


I am in love with the Top Gear Trio. If ever there was a combination of characters in television that was perfect, that complimented each other in every hilarious way, that just was solid, it is Jeremy, James and Richard.

These past two weeks I saw the Top Gear Botswana and trip to the North Pole.

Amazing, insane, hilarious, shocking. These are the descriptive words that come to mind. I was totally blown away by these two particular episodes. I was a top gear fan before, but this was just amazing. This was Television at its best and what Telvision should be about.

I don’t love cars but I respect the passion others have for them. I myself can appreciate a good looking automobile. It is the same thing I suppose with my relationship with other good things in life. Gadgets, state of the art homes, Dell XP’s etcetera. I do not have to own them to appreciate the beauty in the form and function.

This is the door that Top Gear lets me through, to experience the best of the best, vicariously yes, but at least I know what is out there and what is good to have, to drive, to scorn at. The Top Gear guys look down on the beetle but I can appreciate that it is an iconic symbol of an time/era that till today, tries to survive. I’d have chosen the beetle to battle across the Kalahari.

But yes, if you ever get the chance, watch, Botswana and the luxury journey to the North Pole. It is nail biting stuff but also hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the toilet scenes on the journey to the North Pole.

3 comments:

Heartwarmer said...

I really must watch it one of these days. When is it on?

Brokensword said...

21h30 Wednesdays on BBC Knowledge. But a few times during the week as well.

Brokensword said...

Okay, sorry, these days it is on everynight at 18h30 on bbc knowledge