Wednesday 4 August 2010

Made for TV movies!


So I just came back from watching my favourite gal, "Ugly Betty", on the big screen. I guess having her background in television, I should have known that this would be a TV type movie. You know, the kind you can afford to wait to see on television. The kind that the big screen can't even help boost a little. Yeah, that's Our Family Wedding alright.
Don't get me wrong, I mean it was relatively entertaining. I mean, about thirty minutes into the movie I realised that it was the kind of show that you had to drive yourself to be entertained by. Know what I mean. Its kinda like laughing at your fiance's joke even though they aren't THAT hilarious. You do it cause you generally enjoy him.
I generally enjoy Ugly Betty, so I couldn't let this movie be a complete dud for me so I laughed at the jokes...funny parts rather which seemed soooooo rehearsed/overdone.
I mean can you ever imagine Forest Whitaker aka Idi Amin as a funny character in a romantic comedy? Doesn't fit right...he tries to play an old hottie in this movie (younger women can't help but fall for him...apparently) and...I don't know I just find his eye to be a distraction. Is that just me?
Anyway, you can definitely wait to see this one on M-net. Oh yeah, that Regina King (I hope that's right) from 227 is also in this...she too just can't help but drop her draws for oh so irresistible Forest.
Oh and the overall storyline, paler girl meets darker boy - they fall in love - want to get married - but wait till the very last moment to tell their family - is soooooooooooooooooooooooo old. What year did Jungle Fever come out again?
1 and a half spoons

1 comment:

Brokensword said...

Hey, Forrest Whitaker's lazy eye DOES make him sexy!

On another note, I miss Ugly Betty. The ending was just so unsatisfying that i need more. I need to see her and Daniel get it on. Ah well, suppose i just have to live with the ending they chose and make up the rest in my head.