Tuesday 30 November 2010

THE KARATE KIDS

Well, we dragged ourselves to go see the Karate Kid - the one with Will and Jada Smith's baby boy. It was fun.


Growing up I guess the Karate Kid, with Mr Miyagi and Daniel Son was really probably one of my favourite movies. I remember feeling sick watching poor Daniel Son being beaten by those bad karate kids, and then having Mr Miyagi come to the rescue. Ah, the victory of it all just fills one up with all the hope in the world. That anything is possible. That you can overcome whatever hurdle, however impossible it seems.





In the 'new' karate kid, Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) and Mr Han (Jackie Chang) make just as good a team. I think the fact that Dre is much younger than Daniel Son also makes for a more romanticised or dreamy idea of 'the karate kid'. Which I think is perfect. Cause the Karate kid is suppose to be kind of like a super hero...so far fetched that it becomes idealistic or...I don't know, just something you can fantasise about being basically, however unrealistic it is. Being the impossible.

I thought this new Karate Kid would copy every single move from the origional karate kid, well...it does, but adds a little bit more spunk to it so that there are some really cool surprises.

I had fun with the movie (even though I really think it should have been a 'made for tv' kind). More so cause I'm taking some karate classes me-self. Me fancies me-self as a err...older karate girl-kid. hehehehe. Haaaa-yaaaaah!

1 comment:

Brokensword said...

Am loving the new look sis, really nice! Am inspired to go watch and write about a really brilliant flick. But what though?