Thursday 1 May 2008

Oh skipper my skipper

So I went on a tour of some of the islands around Bali today. It promised to be an uneventful trip as I was stuck with the three stooges and a Russian couple, the girl did not speak or understand a word of English.

Being it, my fourth day in this foreign land, I am getting a little bit sick of the gentle people asking me where I am from and what my name is. It is almost like these two questions are an opener to all interactions with the gentle Balinese people. I was warned, it was actually a good thing that the boss gave me a travel book about Bali, it explained that they are prone to asking about your condition and making sure that you are well. It is making conversation really and it is much appreciated, for someone who is traveling alone. Although, I do sometimes misunderstand and think that I am being picked up. I almost very quickly and sadly come to realize that this is not a pick up line but just cutesy.

Anyway, the day did not start out so great as I had not yet moved the Mongolian dinner which was exceptionally spicy. My movement only came just as we are about to set off. They had to wait an extra 15 minutes for the food to reach its final destination.

That off my shoulders, the day was looking brighter. I got the front row seat on the boat and off we went.

It was beautiful and all and all and all. The thing I want to share is my adventure with the skipper under water. Was it a seduction, lost in translation or do I need to get over myself? Here are the facts:

1. I was the only person with a full time under water guide!
2. He held my hand and pointed to the really cool stuff I needed to see!
3. At one point he was on my back and I got a little panicked and re surfaced. Thinking about it now, a woman of my age should just leave nothing unanswered. I should have played back and determined whether the doggy style type thing was an underwater language or if he was really trying to get jiggy with me!
4. The current kept pushing me towards him, my hand may have brushed up against his thingamabob
5. He praised me. When I could only hold my breath for a measly 30 seconds or so and go under and do the cool stuff with him, HE PRAISED ME!

Now, you tell me, was he trying to get jiggy with me or have I become so out of touch with the world that if anyone brushes (not even touches) up against me I think wedding bells? Am I crazy? Or shall I go for another tour tomorrow and find out for sure?

And, and I think one of the waitresses is gay and also wants to get jiggy with me. I am going for a walk with her and her son tomorrow. So will find out soon enough.

Oh dear… To be me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL??????????? What happened? Any jigying going on with water boy or the lesbo?
Hehe, this is just too exciting for words. You say he climbed on top of you? Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Hehe.
Well erm...I think its safe to say that erm...he might have been trying to get jiggy or something. I can't imagine what kind of underwater talk that would be. No, no, gotta be the jiggying thing. Hehe.
How exciting.
Heartwarmer