Sunday 24 June 2007

Here we go again - The Secret

I had a vision three times, of the red wax seal that is the cover of The Secret. I had a dream about it, do not remember the dream but I remember the seal, I walked into a book store and there it was again at the counter. Today after spending about half an hour in the video store I saw the red seal again and decided to take it. Eerie, well, my restless subconscious is maybe trying to tell me something.

If you knew me you would know ….that I am not gullible, in fact I am probably a very cynical person, about the world, about people and about my own self. So I take these motivational type, key to success and abundance, with a good dollop of salt.

D’you remember the What the Bleep do we know? You can say that The Secret is Part Deux of What the Bleep. Nothing new really, same premise, that we create our own reality.

It is difficult to live consciously. When you have to think about all your intentions instead of just reacting to your circumstances, that is difficult. I did not forget about What the Bleep, it is always at the back of ones mind but I have not tested it. I do think that we are responsible for our circumstances but I also believe that we also get dealt a hand, flip of a coin. It says that there is no such thing as luck, bad or good, we cause it. This makes me uncomfortable because there is just way too much pain in the world and I can not believe that those who are feeling it brought it on themselves.

What I was waiting for, what the secret could not tell me, was how do you change the next person’s life? How do you intend to make the next person richer and happier and fulfilled? If that secret exists, I would love to get it. And don’t tell me it all starts with me!

Oh, and the secret is ATTRACTION. Watch the first five minutes of the movie and you get the answer. Simple? Try it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh, that would be great if they told us how to change he next person's lives. But I think even with that, if you think positively about the person, if you imagine good things for them - then it might happen?
Thing is I've been trying it with the brothers Brokensword - and nothing's happened.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Or maybe they are attracting something that is at odds with what I'm trying to attract for them. Donno hey...

La Sapphire Fliteur said...

Ah you took the words right out of my mouth! When I watched it I was so angry afterwards. How dare they blame all the poverty in Africa, all the babies that have been raped, all the homeless”. All the mentally and physically ill on their “negative thoughts!