Monday 1 December 2008

Lionel Ritchie

Just in case you were wondering what ever happened to the Lionel Ritchie SA concert post...well, it's a rather sad story really.
For some silly reason I just thought that computicket would just keep two special tickets for me.
For some silly reason they didn't.
So there I was on Wednesday afternoon...very confidently might I add - walked into the MTN store which also doubles up as a computicket outlet.
"Won't you hand me over my tickets," I said boldly to the man behind the counter. Mind you I was very impatient. He made me wait a good ten minutes while he helped a customer with something to do with MTN. Tsk, tsk...turns out I was late. SOLD OUT was Lionel Ritchie.
I feel like such an idiot. I spoke about this concert for weeks. Anybody who had come in contact with me in the last couple of weeks/months would know I was planning on going to see Mr Dancing on the Ceiling.
Argh. Its over now.
My lover has promised that we'll go see him overseas wherever he will perform next.
Yeh right!

Let me just add another quick note.
I hear everybody...well, all the big time bloggers (if you know what I mean) going on about this American blogger delegation and I keep thinking - WHAT IS THE BLOODY BIG DEAL ABOUT Americanos roaming our lands? Its like making a big deal out of journalists visiting this place. For the what? Argh...I just don't get why they are so important. They are mere mortals really...bloggers actually. Like...who cares?

Anyway, my vent for the day.
Till next time.

1 comment:

Brokensword said...

I was not syked about him. Reports I've heard was that it was short. He did not have an opening act and was on stage for only 1.5 hours.

In CT, the kirstenbosch sunday concerts are back and this past sunday it was Simphiwe Dana. She also did one song with Busi Mhlongo. Also too short.

This sunday is freshly ground.

It was very interesting to see all the interracial couples, bet you they will be out again to see freshly ground. they do make cute babies.