Wednesday 28 January 2009

DVD night

Had a girl's DVD night on Saturday. Out of all three: The Great Debaters, Mama Mia and Kung Fu Panda, I'd have to say Kung Fu Panda gets my vote - no doubt.
I slept through Mama Mia. The Great Debaters just re-awakened a hate and anger I feel everytime I watch such types. You know what I mean, the era when they would write on benches "whites only". You know the story and you've seen plenty movies like this. For some the focus is swimming, some it is football, for this movie it is debating. I remember Oprah made a big deal about this movie, I suppose she would since she is one of the producers (I think).
But it is really not all that fascinating or interesting from a political point of view. The best part of it, in my opinion ofcourse, is the romance between the debaters and just how some of the characters mature in the movie. Its certainly nothing gripping - I'd say wait for it on DSTV rather than pay extra money to watch it on DVD.

Mama Mia...I think I need to give it another chance really because it wasn't so much that it was bhard that I slept through it, but it really was because I was tired. Mind you I managed to wake up and watch Kung Fu Panda till the end and loved it. So...okay, give Mama Mia a miss too. But Kung Fu Panda is worth a watch.
And the spoons:
Great Debaters 1 spoon
Mama Mia! half a spoon
Kung Fu Panda two spoons.

No comments: