Wednesday 25 March 2009

Marley and Me


Have I written the fact that I totally adore Jennifer Aniston down on this blog? Well there you have it. I didn't care much for her in the Friends series I'm afraid, it was more her real life heartbreak that made me warm up to her.
ANYWAY!
So I went to watch a movie I probably would never watch had I been the only person deciding what to watch that night. I have the misfortune of having a different taste in movies to the people I end up watching movies with. So Marley and Me it was. I prepared myself for it well enough. Knew not to expect much. Imagine my shame when an hour later there I was with tears rolling down my cheaks.

I think my weeping during movies will soon be declared a non event. I bee could die and I'd be balling my eyes out. Needless to say, I enjoyed the movie. Worse, I want a dog because of it.

I'm not a dog person. I suppose it is because we never owned one at home. My liking for the kay-nines actually began to develop a couple of months ago when I met the cleanest and calmest dog in my entire life. Mystique's her name and she's a grey hound. She's a little clumsy, but she's so cute and so easy to just love. Watching Marley and Me kind of rekindled that closet dog lover in me and now I know I must have one...they must prepare you well enough for parenthood no?

2 comments:

Brokensword said...

Getting a dog is a kind of preparation. I think you should get one. Start with a small one, not too much trouble. I would get a dog if I had a large enough garden. If you can pick up a dog's poop, you should be able to change a nappy.

Heartwarmer said...

I need to get a house first though huh. All in good time