Tuesday 16 June 2009

No ‘Doubt’


Meryl Streep is master. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is her bitch. Great, great presentation in all aspects.

Not quite understanding nor comprehending this debate, but lets please have a discussion.

I tend to have a very severe and unambiguous view of what is right and what is wrong. It is wrong to have a relationship with a minor, but what is minor? It is right to speak up, expose and act against what you deem to be wrong, but is your definition of wrong, right?

The movie was dedicated to a Sister Margaret McEntee, so if this is somehow, reflecting a story that may be true, then this is not a philosophical debate, I would have to, unambiguously, support the actions of the nun. BUT, if this is hypothesis, my feelings would remain clouded, especially, given the boy’s situation at home, positive role model and all that.

This is a significant movie, watch it and ruminate.

Out on DVD, and it gets 4 spoons.

5 comments:

zodwakumalo said...

You watch a lot of movies! Yoh! I definitely want to see this one. Heard it was brilliant!

Brokensword said...

This I do. And I am in treatment for it. As a result, I have read about 5 books in the last month. but Doubt is really thought proving stuff!

Brokensword said...

i meant 'provoking'.

zodwakumalo said...

Have you watched Obsession with The hot Idris Elba and Beyonce and that woman from Heroes - Ali Larter? I'd like to read what you think about it. Me, I went for cheap thrills. If only Beyonce's character hadn't died her weave that colour I would have been able to take her more seriously. She wasn't bad though.
Idris Elba would make a great Bond!

Brokensword said...

Bond girl you mean? He's so pretty! Have not seen it yet and will probably wait for it to come out on dvd or mnet. my cheap thrills consist of stuff life the Transformers and Terminator.