Friday 22 January 2010

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!


Lets see, how many others came before it!

Dare I list?
Actually, Brokensword would do a better job.
I'll try me best.
I AM Legend!
Terminator!
Day After Tomorrow!
Armageddon!
There was that Tom Cruise one, War of the Worlds I think its called. And plenty others.
Argh! Its bad enough that you doing a story on the end of the world, but to frighten everyone into thinking it will happen in the next two years. ARGH!
Low blow.
I think the movie is just desperate.

I suppose it is entertaining enough. I managed to get through the entire thing. But just thought...ARGH! Its a 'whatever' type of movie if you ask me.
Yes, yes, all story lines have pretty much been done now. And its all about how well you can retell the same stories these days, and to use amazing visual effects to drive the story home etc.
John Cusack's in it...not sure if that would mean you'd bite. I suppose I should have known that if Danny Glover plays president in it...well...dud!. My wanting to watch it had nothing to do with anyone involved in the movie. Just wondered about the story, and how well they'd tell it.


Must say I absolutely lurve Chiwetel Ejiofor though (he's just yum), and ofcourse Thandie Newtown, both are featured in the movie.
I suppose there were some fun bits in the movie. Also loved Woody Harrelsn in this - he plays crazy.
And also absolutely adored Zlatko Buric who plays rich.
Okay, okay, so it wasn't that bad. Quite fun actually.
If only they didn't have Danny Glover in it. Heheheheh

4 comments:

Brokensword said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heartwarmer said...

sies Brokensword. a lady never tells.

Brokensword said...

You are right! I don't know what got into me.

Brokensword said...

Okay, watched this over the weekend and I thought it should been nominated for best comedy. But even the comedy was maybe not intended, me and brother man were mainly laughing at the ridiculousness of some of the scenes. It was just plain ridiclous!!! Anything with John Cusack you should stay away from. Can you think of anything good he's made? no you can not!