Friday 22 January 2010

The Princess and the frog

Tell me if I'm out of line...I doubt that I am. I haven't seen the movie or anything, just caught the trailer.
Mind you, I'd first seen the posters and thought, FINALLY - a black people fairytale...or at least a black princess in a fairytale movie.
Well...the bit of the trailer I saw...wait let me first say or ask, you do know the story about the princess and the frog right? How the princess kisses the frog and it turns out the frog is actually a prince?
Well, in this black fairytale...guess what! A freak of a twist.
The black princess kisses toad, and becomes a toad herself.
WTF?

5 comments:

Brokensword said...

Ha ha!!! Alladin had a black princess. And what about Pocahantas? Maybe the message is that if looks are what you look for then you are doomed to be judged the same way?

Heartwarmer said...

Brokensword. Aladin and Pocahantas don't count. Aladin was indian...so was Pocahantas.!

Brokensword said...

Aladin was arabian which could count as african?

Oh and there was that moses one where Mariah and whitney did the sountrack for. Egypt something something? Don't go hatin on disney.

Heartwarmer said...

Hei! A ka bua ka bo African. Ke buile ka bo ntsho/black. Arabian/Egyptian and others - are just not the same as batho ba bantsho. C'mon now.

I wondered if it was a Disney flick actually. So it is then?

Brokensword said...

Don't know if it is dsney but she looks liek all the other disney characters, Belle and Ariel, etc