Wednesday 29 December 2010

Just Wright


With: Queen Latifah as Leslie Wright, Common as Scott McNight, Paula Patton as Morgan, Pam Grier, Phylicia Rashad, James Pickens Jr
Directed by: Sanaa Hamri


Heartwarmer, your cries have been heard and they’ve been answered! Just Wright, the cute romantic flick that is Just Wright has been made.

Now we know the Queen has manic skills. She rocks! She rocked with Jimmy Fallon in Taxi, she kinda rocked in that holiday movie. She totally boulders! in this most satisfying romantic comedy that pulls all the rights strings and does not totally demonise or vilify black woman and their gorgeous black men.

It does not vilify the gold digger. It does not stereo type the over protective ball player’s mother. There are no cat fights and ho calling and bitch and skank. Just good fun with some refreshing incites that are Just Wright.

This can easily make it to the list below under best romantic flick and alternative romantic flick.

Now you know I had to be biased about this movie given the lead male charater, but I tried my damndest to not drool over the TV screen when Common was doing his sit ups with his shirt off. Can I just say, he is thee most beautiful man alive today? Can I? Can I? He is beautiful.

The scenes with the dad were one of my favorites.

I want to shout from the roof tops about how great this movie is, but since I live on a middle floor, I will resort to gushing over the keyboard.

Love love love this movie.

Four spoons!

It loses one spoon because I think the way they eventually get to kiss was not quite the right moment. Although I understand why there, I just think t should have happened at a less glamorous setting. No shiny ball gown and tuxedo. Just them on the couch watching Romancing the Stone!

Disclaimer: the lunar cycle may have something to do with this post.

1 comment:

Heartwarmer said...

NO WAY BROKENSWORD! I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU AND YOUR TASTE! THIS WAS NOT THAT GOOD! IT WAS NOT. YOU ARE BLINDED BY COMMON'S HOTNESS...I DONT BLAME YOU!