Tuesday 8 May 2007

Lucky number sleven

Josh Hartnet (who I'd only ever seen in teen flicks - is absolutely brilliant), Bruce Willis (who is made for these kinds of movies), Ben Kingsley and Morgan Freeman (less challenging roles), Stanley Tucci (who I adored in Shall We Dance) and Lucy Lui (who reminds me of how much I miss Ally McBeal) are the stars of the show.

The set, consisting largely of dizzying wallpaper, is New york and the story centres around Slevin, a girl, a cop, two mob bosses called THE BOSS and THE RABBI and a mysterious assassin. There is but one twist on this movie, and you won't catch on till...well I didn't catch on till about ten minutes before the end of the movie and I'm usually good with these kinds of twisted movies.

Brokensword, if you haven't seen this one - I'm sure you'll like it a lot. It's 'thrilling'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this a new movie or an old one...

Anonymous said...

it's an oldish one. Got it on DVD.

Brokensword said...

The boss introduced me to Push play. You order DVD's over the internet and they get dilivered to you. I thought it would be cheaper than the R100 or so I pay per month for the bricks and motar video shop but as in everything else, there is a catch. So the first batch of DVD's I ordered on tuesday, the holiday, get them on friday, send them back on sunday, and order new ones. I only got these today. So at this rate, it would really be like 2 movies a week for 4 weeks which is 8 movies a month for R100. At bricks and motar video shop you get 9 dvd's for R100. I suppose there are benefits in that you get to keep them as long as you want, no late charges. There is a huge selection of DVD's which brings me to my point...I will not be able to watch any main stream dvd's for a while. I am currently going through the gay (not lesbian, two woman doing is simply boring, but two men...now that's a whole different basket of gonads)movie selection. I still have a couple units at the bricks and motar video store so will make sure the next one will be sleven. Heartwarmer you better not be joking. If I watch this and i hate it then I will not take movie advice from you ever ever ever again!!! Rememebr the note book?!

Heartwarmer said...

How could you not like the Notebook. I cried my eyeballs out watching that movie. But I've realised that those types are not your types. So I do think you might like Sleven(shit I pray you like it - my reputation's on the line).

You know what's coming. With IPTV you'll be able to do the same - accept it will be cheaper. And delivery will be close to instant.