Tuesday 1 May 2007

Clerks 2

I am a fan of Kevin Smith. I fell in love with Jay and Silent Bob in Chasing Amy (one of my all time favourite movies) when Silent Bob tells the story of chasing Amy. I had seen clerks and enjoyed it. Then came Dogma and I was blown away. Jay and Silent Bob Strike back was hilarious! Jersey Girl was just too main stream for me.

And now there is Clerks 2 and I am thinking, hhmm, is this the end? Too crude, although I loved Wanda Sikes’ cameo. Nothing new. There is a scene in the movie where the two friends are in a jail cell and they confess their undying love for each other. This was done in Chasing Amy when Banky and Holden contemplate a three way with Holden’s girlfriend. It was unique, and it was heartfelt and not it gets repeated on Clerks 2.

I don’t want to say that Kevin has lost his touch but he lost me a little bit by making this not-worthwhile sequel. Dick and fart and masturbation jokes can only take you so far until it starts getting tired.

1 comment:

Heartwarmer said...

Loved chasing amy, loved dogma. Didn't get to see silent bob..strikes back.
But I loved his use of the characters in the movie.
I must get that silent bob strikes back this weekend. I just must.