Tuesday 24 April 2007

Perfect Stranger

I absolutely adore Giovanni Ribisi. Can't remember when I first fell in love with him...maybe it was the other sister, no...earlier than that. Him and Edward Norton - my absolute favourite actors.

I know they can sourta get typecast. But I just love the characters they play. It's no different in Perfect Stranger. Ribisi plays a tekkie (computer geek) with a rather interesting fetish. He always plays these off-ish characters. I love it.

Would have lurved to see him and Halle Berry smooching (he wanted to so bad...too bad). You know it's so very hard to fault a really good looking person. She's brilliant in this movie just cause she's gorgeous.

Oh and Bruce Willis...don't think he pulled off the advertising company founder character all that well. I prefer him in the Die Hard (which is coming out soon - I think number 4) or the "I see dead people" type movie. He just can't play a normal guy.

Anywhos - the movie is a drama apparently, but I think it's more of a thriller. A light thriller if ever there was such. What I loved about it, is the fact that I got the story completely wrong. I'm often on point with these kinds of movies...but I got it wrong. It ain't a bad movie - watch it if you can't think of anything better to watch. It's mildly entertaining.

4 comments:

Brokensword said...

Giovani is hilarious. He was so funny in the other sister. In My Name Is Early, he appears every once in while as this compulsive thief. So so funny!
So you reckon I can wait for the DVD? Go watch Hannibal in stead? hmmmm

Heartwarmer said...

yeh, rather go for Hannibal Rising - that was first choice but it was gonna start like 30 minutes later so...
Considering your taste...hmmmmm...how well do I know your taste? You'll enjoy Hannibal more.

Anonymous said...

...i hear perfect stranger is a second-grade movie...
I don't know I hadn't heard anything about it and kinda bumped into it at the movies...so thought it could be dodge!!

Heartwarmer said...

yah sunshine. it's one of those movies you might not want to spend money to watch. wait for it on dstv or something.