Thursday 26 April 2007

Television is the pits...

Haai no maan.
I'm going to go back to hi-fi corporation and demand my money back. Yes hi-fi corporation and not the sabc or etv...I don't want my television anymore.
You know I spoke about IPTV the other day...and some months ago about 18 different companies wanting to enter the paytv market (think dstv). SABC being one of the players.
I'm thinking if the SABC can't make three channels (four if you count SABC Africa) - would I want to have their paytv version?
e-tv's also vying for a paytv licence...they can't even get their soapies right. Who would want to buy a paytv version of their offering.
Haai no maan. You know I don't even turn the television on anymore.
If those sabc fuckers dare call me again wanting me to pay a tv licence, I'm gonna tell them I don't watch television. I don't need a licence anymore. Sheesh...the cheak. You know last year they kept hounding me about a licence for a good three months. I paid their silly bums and they kept calling...now I'm going to tell them straight up - I don't watch TV anymore.
Truelly I don't.
I have it so I can watch DVDs - I wonder what they'll say to that.
Thank God for the Internet, otherwise I really don't know what I'd do with myself.

3 comments:

Brokensword said...

TV is crap most of the time. Especially if you don't have dstv. But here are some gems, Oprah is back on from Monday to Friday, set the video machine for 16h00 daily. Monday, the Sopranos on e at 21h00. Tuesday, go to the movies, its half price. Wednesday, okay go to the movies again. Come to think of it, the only really thing worth watching on TV at the moment is the Sopranos and Oprah.

Anonymous said...

...ya i mean really, it doesn't make sense why you must pay sabc immediately when u buy a TV...

Heartwarmer said...

the SABC are chancers. We need to stand up to them. Especially cause they give us such a kak service.