Friday 8 May 2009

WILL I AM is in X-Men Origins :Wolverine!

That's all anybody needed to say to me to get me to watch this movie. I must be a little out of touch, I had no idea. So imagine my surprise. I almost jumped up and down. Ah Willl, sweet Will, sexy Will...

So there's been a lot of bed crits on this here movie. I didn't think it was all THAT bhard. Don't think it was a waste of me money. Would do it all over again if I was asked.

Its not the best of movies either. I don't get what the craze is with these pre-quals. I remember Hannibal Rising and what a big disaster that was. Can't say I know of any successful prequals. Brokensword?

The movie is about Wolverine's origins, and goes back to his childhood - not for long though. I found that particularly disappointing as I thought they could have better developed his story as a teenager growing up alas, the movie is about a grown up Wolverine.They don't even tell the story of how he became what he became. They ignore that. So you never get to know how the mutants became such really.

Don't want to spoil it too much for you, so this is where I will end. I loved one of the characters. that appears towards the ends. Wonder if they'll develop his story in future XMen.

Also realised that XMen is so Heroes....or the other way round.
1 and three quarter spoons

6 comments:

lebogang nkoane said...

no, no, no, no.

x-men is 'mutants', heroes is, err, 'heroes/genetic-marker/whatever-mahindra-says'. ;-)

x-men can kick all the heroes asses.

and 1 spoon? tsk, tsk, tsk --- i'll say this: x-men is for the fans, if you are not then it never makes sense.

for as long as i've followed x-men (the story not the 2 movies before) i've always wondered how wolverine got metallic claws, now I know. (ps: did you know that at some point Magnito rips the metal out of wolverines body?)

so, yes, 1 spoon if you are looking for a a-z of film narratives (ala john grisham), but 4 spoons for telling the x-men story, sc-fi fanatic, and kick-ass special effects.

Brokensword said...

Lebogang, I have to say, i see heroes and x men in the same light. And if the two had to fight it out, then yes, the X men would probably win because they have been taught to fight. Heroes are in the process of discovering their powers and I think, given time, they would be the street version of Xmen and X men would be the book versions, cleaner versions of Heroes.

Heartwarmer, there are plenty cool prequels and the one I saw today was one of them. Yes, hollywood scrambles for good story ideas and mostly they get it wrong with these prequels but some times, it turns out oh so good. for 1.5 spoons i suppose Wolverine is not one of the 'oh so good' ones. and why the F did they give it to Tsotsi director anyhow???!!!

Heartwarmer said...

name me a good prequal woman.

Lebogang...you've lost the plot. I AM an X Men fan!

Brokensword said...

Batman the Dark knight was epic!!!

Brokensword said...

Okay, maybe that was not a prequel. And actual I did not enjoy Batman Begins that much. Star wars? Definitely this Star Trek!

Brokensword said...

Okay, saw it today and it was weak! it did not hit the mark and it disappointed hugely. Will i am was not even given a chance.