Saturday 24 February 2007

Babel

If I was a voting member of the academy, then I would not vote for Babel.

We’ve had this before, so… so… often before. I just want an easier movie to watch!

I saw Traffic and I hate to bring it up in the same blog as Babel. They are just very different movies and have absolutely nothing in common!!! Except the Mexican border maybe.

But I just feel these short story types wound up into a movie where the characters have something in common are just done to death. Give me a story that tells a story from A to Z, not fro Z to T to B to Omega!

It was gripping and I enjoyed seeing Brad Pitt not throwing his hands around like a mad man. But I am sick of these movies. Crash won, this style of film making where the audience has a job to try and see how the characters are connected before the movie ends is just very tiring for me.

So, so far, I will be voting for Little Miss Sunshine (if I had the vote that is) to win the Oscar on Monday!

Watch Babel, it is good and all and all…

Give it 3 spoons.

I can only watch one other movie before Oscar night and not sure what it should be, The Last King of Scotland, Clint Eastwood, Dream Girls? Oh to be me!!!

No comments: