Monday 26 February 2007

It's a shame really

You know, just because Martin Scorsese was overlooked for so many years, they decide to over do it this year. Sure he deserves best director but best picture? Any way, here are the winners:

Best Motion Picture: The Departed
Lead Actor: Forest Whitaker, The Last King Of Scotland
Lead Actress: Helen Mirren, The Queen
Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine
Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Directing: Martin Scorsese, The Departed
Foreign Language Film: The Lives Of Others, Germany
Adapted Screenplay: William Monahan, The Departed
Original Screenplay: Michael Arndt, Little Miss SunshineA
nimated Feature Film: Happy Feet
Art Direction: Pan's Labyrinth
Cinematography: Pan's Labyrinth

Sound Mixing: Dreamgirls
Sound Editing: Letters From Iwo Jima
Original Score: Babel, Gustavo Santaolalla
Original Song: I Need to Wake Up from An Inconvenient Truth, Melissa Etheridge
Costume: Marie Antoinette
Documentary Feature: An Inconvenient Truth
Documentary Short Subject: The Blood Of Yingzhou District
Film Editing: The Departed
Makeup: Pan's Labyrinth
Animated Short Film: The Danish Poet
Live Action Short Film: West Bank Story
Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Jean Hersholt Award (Oscar statuette): Sherry Lansing.
Honorary Academy Award (Oscar statuette): Ennio Morricone.

3 comments:

Heartwarmer said...

Forest who?
I couldn't believe that he would win an Oscar.
Must see this movie...I've just never thought of him as an academy award winning actor.
He must really be good in the last king of scotland

Brokensword said...

I like Forrest. I think I first saw him or first remember seeing him in the Crying Game. He's mostly done supporting role stuff and I can't think of any particular movie off hand after the Crying Game.

Anonymous said...

ARGH! I feel like I wasted my money. Just came back from watching the queen. And although I thought the actress was good and probably diserved that oscar - the movie was wack. I kept wanting it to finish already.