Friday 16 February 2007

reviewers

Today I heard and read the review on the Pursuit of Hapiness and I got crushed. Heartwarmer, you have been building this movie up for me for so long that I was looking so much to it. And then today, I listened to Alan Swirdler (sp) and Barry Ronger and read Finance Week review and they are not so flatering over the movie. Maybe I should be reading and listening to other reviwers! But they are somehow now killing it for me. So I am making this promise that I will go and see it with an open mind!!!

4 comments:

Heartwarmer said...

what they say.
You know, there was a time when I respected Barry Rongue's take on things...that hasn't been so for a while now. It's as simple as that whole different strokes thingeee, what would you call it? A saying. Whatever.
I just liked the trailer...but maybe I just have a soft spot for Will Smith even though I know he ISN'T the greatest. Ali didn't win an oscar - instead one of Denzel in his not so great movies did. And I love Denzel too...mostly cause they are darkies in a white Hollywood.

Brokensword said...

All I have to say about Will Smith is Six Degrees of Separation! Because he took that role, I will watch his movies and hope that he does something even more spectacular!

I will watch Pursuit of Hapiness and see if he does!

Anonymous said...

thinking of startin a hate site for barry ronge, he irritates the hell out of me, when he's not receycling views that have already been said elsewhere, he's being patronising, condescending and insulting our intelligence - i suppose i dislike people who dictate abut what u should like - i hate his writing style too

Heartwarmer said...

Tjo...
That's hectic. You reallllllllly don't like him huh.

In all fairness, that's what critics do, tell you something is good to watch or isn't. Either you listen to them or you don't.

Still though, I don't read him at all anymore.
I just can't follow his writing. WE just ain't on the same page.