Sunday 25 February 2007

My money and my crossed fingers are on Little Miss Sunshine

Okay, so I have now watched all the best picture nominations and they are:

Babel
The Departed
Letters from Iwo Jima
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen

The only movie that stands out and should win I think, should be Little Miss Sunshine. It is certainly lighter than the others, it does not have heavy weights like Stevin Spielberg and Martin Scorsese and Stephen Frears behind it. But it is the deepest and most universal and least ambitious and least phony artsy. It is what it is and that is my best motion picture pic for the year.

Having said that, I was watching a show on how much butt kissing and PR and advertising these movies need to do to be considered for an Oscar nomination. If you don’t get your movie out there and promote it, you simply do not have a chance of being nominated for an Oscar or any other award. It just makes me feel so cheap to know that I am going to see these movies because they simply got the budget to get themselves noticed.

No comments: