Wednesday 28 March 2007

Life without television

My TV is broken. Now I am thinking, should I rush to fix this or should I explore life without TV for a bit, maybe a week, maybe a month. I envy those people who brag that they do not have a TV in their houses. How the heck do they kill time? Bloody snobs, I suppose they read or talk to their children or something boring like that. How do they know what President Mbeki looks like? How do they know what happens in other people’s lives? I suppose newspapers, radio, magazines, the internet kinda fill those gaps. But I am I afraid. Night talk radio is really bad, especially after nine. I suppose catching up on some reading could not hurt. Thing is I feel I read all damn day and when I get home I just want to sit back and be visually entertained. I suppose I could go to the gym at like 8 at night. Let the experiment to find something to do other watch TV begin.

No comments: