Wednesday 28 March 2007

Rude Boy bounced PABI

I couldn't believe it when I read the news here

Turns out Rude Boy was overlooked for the breakfast job when Fresh made his exit out of YFM.

I remember back in the day when he used to hook up shows like Rap Activity Jam...I thought it revolutionary for radio. Along with that came some social responsibility with the likes of the LoveLive sponsored shows talking sex.
I used to love him. I used to think he was the harrtest thing...I was a teenage girl in love. I'm over it now. Not quite the fan I used to be.

But I reckon he might just help YFM get back on the bandwagon. I don't know, maybe it's just me (I hardly listen to the station these days. I kinda boycotted it after they let Phat Joe leave) but Y's been lacking big time.

PABI...I loved her before radio when she did some PlayTV show on SABC - I thought her funny, and thought she'd be a perfect fit for breakfast on YFM. But like I said, never really listened to the station so angazi.

I do think that these are exciting times for radio. John Perlman and Nikiwe Bikitsha gone at SAFM.

Ezra Ndwande leaving Metro (he didn't quite fill Given Mkhari's big shoes).

Unathi, MacFarlane, Adil, DRE (finally) leaving YFM.

A colleague just pointed this out to me SBU vs RUDEBOY vs BADBOY - BREAKFAST will never be the same again. I'm thinking Gareth Cliff might just be swopped around with Fresh.

It's on April 2 - Ayeye. Exciting times for radio...atleast I hope. Anybody listen to Mo G on Radio2000?

1 comment:

Toto said...

http://thandiweblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/yfm-rules-airwaves.html