Thursday 4 January 2007

I lurved Friends With Money

I absolutely loved Friends With Money. I watched it last night with some friends - and I just couldn't stop laughing.
I think it's a great movie for men and women. There are so many moments in there where I just felt - that is so fucken true.

The character that Jennifer Aniston plays (Olivia) is obsessed with this dude that she slept with for two months. The dude's a married man, and she just keeps stalking him. She calls him and hangs up, and sometimes she just drives up to his place and watches him from her car.

This one time she calls him and actually talks to him, and dude's like - "don't ever call here again" and hangs up.
She calls back, and the wife answers. And Olivia's like, "this is Olivia, can I speak to your husband".
And the wife is on some, "Olivia, Olivia who slept with my husband Olivia?"
And Olivia's like yeh.
Wife says, "Olivia why don't you get your own fucken husband and stop bothering mine" - and she hangs up.

Punchline: Olivia says, "I would if I could bitch.".

I thought that was so classic. I was sympathetic. Like peops who have love affairs with married men, probably just do it cause they really, really can't find a single man for themselves.

And then there's the character that Frances McDormand plays. I loved her (Jane). She's just stopped trying to look good...even stopped washing her hair cause she figures no hair shampoo is going to make it look the way she wants it to look. At 42, she's used a lot of those shampoos and none of them have made her look the way she's always wanted it to look.
Plus at that age, she figures she's just waiting to die. She gets irritated with people stealing 'her' parking space, and pushing infront her at department stores. She's just an angry woman...feeling unattractive and all. I loved her.

Errbody should watch this movie - had a lot of laughs. And felt like I should have watched it with the lover because there are so many things that he doesn't get, that I tell him he needs to get - and watching that movie would have made him see it.

Catherine Keener plays a character of a wife, whose husband just don't seem to care about her. There is one scene where she hurts her foot, and screams "ouch." Husband is in the other room, can here the scream but says nothing.
Keeners character Christine then says to husband - "it would be nice if you asked me if I was okay". You know - just to show he cares.

Husband reckons Christine is out of her mind, if she wanted to let husband know that she was alright she should do her, "ouch!" and then say, "don't worry honey I'm fine".

The whole movie is just excellent.
I give it four spoons.

6 comments:

Brokensword said...

II also thought it was good. When you see the trailer you think the Jennifer Aniston character would be this good woman who works hard and just has friends with money. I liked that they did not make her out to be a saint. That money or no money people have their own issues they need to work on. Joan Cusack scares me though, that is one weird looking chick!

Brokensword

Heartwarmer said...

Yeh she is.
Like that character that she played in that movie...I forget the movie, but she plays a radical...terrorist of sourts and is married to...
I know you'll remember the movie brokensword.

Brokensword said...

Arlington road? With Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins?

I think she should stick to comedy. she is good at that! In a drama I just think she is too scary.

Brokensword

Heartwarmer said...

See, I knew you'd remember. That's the one.

Heartwarmer said...

Brokensword, I think we need to hook up a group blog. Rather than what we are doing now.
Will think of how to work it.

sunshine said...

I liked it too...
watched it on the plane...i liked her character...
I feel sorry for the woman with the husband that doesn't care...shamz...