Wednesday 3 January 2007

What is your favourite medical drama series

What is your favourite medical drama series?

I used to love Chicago Hope when Mandy Patinkin was in it. ER did not grab me even with the ‘oh so dreamy’ George Clooney in it. It did have its moments but I was a Chicago Hope number 101 101 fan! Now we have another ‘suppose to be dreamy’ doctor on Grey’s Anatomy. I still need to learn more about this series as I am NOT completely sold on it. The second season finale aired a couple weeks ago and everybody was talking about it and I just did not get it?!. Mainly because on that same night on the SABC channel, Will kissed Taye Diggs! on Will and Grace. And I thought the topic of conversation would be around that! Damn you DSTV!

Now as I am not DSTV’d, I have to rely on whatever is currently showing when I visit my parents. My take on these medical serieses/i (what is the plural of Series anyway?) may not be a wholly complete one. Thus my conclusion that you get medical dramas and then you get medical soap opera dramas like Grey’s Anatomy!

I don’t remember much about Chicago Hope but I definitely know that the character of Mandy Patinkin was it for me! And then he died, ohhhhh Mandy, and you came and you gave without taking…. Is there a DVD that I could buy, and where? Please let me know I am serious!

Anyway, my favourite medical drama at the moment is (drum role…. because there are just too many medical dramas out there) HOUSE!!!

I think the key to a successful one (for me any way) is not just about the characters or the script, but both! Casting also goes a long way. I am sorry, that pouting-lips-blue eyed-gorgeous- stuid woman on Grey’s Anatomy (I think she is Dr Grey) just does not do it for me! I do not care even if Ophra thinks she is the cat’s pajamas!

Now, Dr HOUSE, oh man House! I was watching an episode where he tells the story of how he has the limp and he is giving a lecture to ‘would be doctors’. Mind bending intrigue is what it was! Three patients walk into a hospital and they are complaining of a pain in their leg. Amazing story telling there! ‘House's ex-girlfriend Stacy Warner returns – not for House but to get help for her ailing husband. While House decides whether or not to take her case, Cuddy forces him to present a lecture to a class of medical students. As he weaves the stories of three patients who all present with a similar symptom, House gives a lecture the students will never forget.’ Go to http://www.tv.com/house/three-stories/episode/402736/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;21 for more or just buy the damn DVD. The way in which the story is woven is just pure genius! Now I was watching it with the folks and they got and me stuck on ‘doctors can be wrong?!’

Anyway, love the medical drama but leave out the melodrama for soap opera will you. House rules!!!

Brokensword

2 comments:

Heartwarmer said...

I never really liked the medial dramas, just like I didn't like the cop dramas.
But I'm loving House for reals.

sunshine said...

i love both Grey's Anatomy and House...

Monday nite is the only nite i watch tv....

Initially i wasn't into Grey's Anatomy, but u should give it a try, u'll get hooked