Saturday 20 January 2007

“This is my masturbatorium!”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha – You HAVE to watch Running with Scissors.
IT is by far the freshest, funniest movie I’ve seen in a very long time.

I don’t want to spoil it for you. All I’m going to say is – there are crazier people than I am out there. Okay, so maybe I should be making fun. Madness IS a real disease…

The book is based on the author’s real life story as the son of John Robison and Margaret Robison who sent Burroughs to live with her psychiatrist’s crazy family.

Burroughs’ book got him a lawsuit in which the family that he writes about (psychiatrist’s family) says that the book defamed them, especially the psychiatrist Dr Rodolph Turcotte (referred to as the Finch family in the movie).

Even more controversy around his book, Vanity Fair alleged that Burroughs fabricated large parts of his memoirs, including details about his electroshock therapy. Whether it is a true story or not does not take away from the fact that the movie was absolutely brilliant - there was never a dull moment.

I was completely smitten with the movie.
It gets 5 out of 5 spoons.
Yeh!

Heartwarmer.

2 comments:

Brokensword said...

Also saw it yesterday! Great minds hey. Want to go see The Queen next.

How awful was Joseph Fiennes. i could hardly recognise him! And Annette Benning was briliant! That family fact or fiction, was way too weired.

Alec Baldwin has become the king of the supporting role. He is in so many interesting movies but as a sideline charater. I can't remember the last time he played a leading role.

Anyway, I support the five spoons! Go see this one.

Heartwarmer said...

I can't think of a good movie Alec Baldwin was in as a leading man. I thought he was good in this movie - so maybe it's just as well that he does supporting acts.

Yeh Joseph looked awful - his lips, mmmmmm, hai.