Wednesday 10 January 2007

Remember the Titans makes me feel all warm inside

By now, everybody should have seen this movie.
It was playing on etv (SA television) last night and I stayed up for it.
Caught it in the middle.

It's not the best movie I've seen or anything, but it just makes you feel good. Like a single person can change the mindset of hundreds - merely by leading by example or something like that.

That a bunch of football players could bond, forgetting the whole problem of racial inequalities, fall in love with one another and then inspire the whole town to do the same. Just makes you think of the endless possibilities out there.

Was reading one of the other blogs (http://dneo.gustoprojects.co.za/), and she had a post up quoting Oprah after she launched her leadership school in South Africa.

"What I learned at a very early age was that I was responsible for my life. And as I became more spiritually conscious, I learned that we all are responsible for ourselves, that you create your own reality by the way you think and therefore act. You cannot blame apartheid, your parents, your circumstances, because you are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities. If you know that, you can do anything.”

ps. I just loved the little girls in the movie. Quite amusing indeed.

Heartwarmer

No comments: